It is a free service, an aspect that everyone like, mostly financed by advertising. However, the web site are trying to make the browsing of its website as pleasant as possible for its users, by not displaying intrusive advertisements and by constantly working on the improvement of its services.
Reverso is collaborative and counts on a community of members that give feedback on translations, add words and phrases to our collaborative dictionary, look at and validate other members ‘entries, vote and comment them. If you want to be part of the community and help us improve its tools, join it! Membership is totally free.
Good reasons to use it:
- Benefit from a translation service that has been tested on millions of translations and has been constantly improved
- Optimize the translation quality thanks to the automatic spell-checking of the mistakes contained in the original text
- Improve your oral skills and your accent by listening to native speaker pronunciation of whole texts
- Translate idioms and suggest better translations that could improve the translator with the help of our expert linguists
- View the dictionaries’ results on the same page and discover the various meanings of words, indications of use and related phrases
Why Not use it:
- Do not use it when you want to translate a set phase because it won’t be able to interpret it; it will traslate it literally.
- It cannot tranlate more than 800 character, because it has a no more 800 characters limit.
- It only works with 15 languages while Google Translator translates the double of languages
- If you are against of the advertisement while traslating, do not use Reverso. The page contains Advers.