Why do we use Tripadvisor ?
With a database of over 75 million user reviews and opinions,TripAdvisor is one of the most popular travel review websites. TripAdvisor’s business model is primarily driven by the number of unique visitors to its website and thus an increase in its user base is an important indicator of its future growth. According to comScore, TripAdvisor’s travel community averaged more than 57 million monthly unique visitors in Q3 2o12 and the figure increased by approximately 45% in Q4 2012.
The total number of unique visitors per month on TripAdvisor’s websites increased from 32 million in 2008 to 62 million in 2012, as per our estimate. In this article we list the factors/ potential threat that support/mitigate our rationale of TripAdvisor’s user base increasing to ~110 million over our review period.
IT WON THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE IN 2013
- TripAdvisor is a leading online platform for travel-related reviews with 75+ million user reviews and opinions and 62 million monthly unique visitors
- Mobile travel spend is expected to cross $2 billion by 2014 – in Q4 2012 TripAdvisor had 45 million monthly unique mobile device visitors, a y-o-y increase of 190%
- 75% of travelers use social networking sites to look for shopping-related deals and 30% specifically look out for travel deals; 35% of TripAdvisor’s new reviews are derived from its Facebook connected members
- TripAdvisor’s revenue contribution from international markets, excluding the US and UK, increased from 18% in 2009 to 35% in 2012
- Fake review concerns, growth in competition from Google and other players as well as low-entry barrier could restrict growth in TripAdvisor’s user base