Why do we use Tripadvisor ?
With a database of over 75 million user reviews and opinions,TripAdvisor is one of the most popular travel review websites. TripAdvisor’s business model is primarily driven by the number of unique visitors to its website and thus an increase in its user base is an important indicator of its future growth. According to comScore, TripAdvisor’s travel community averaged more than 57 million monthly unique visitors in Q3 2o12 and the figure increased by approximately 45% in Q4 2012.
The total number of unique visitors per month on TripAdvisor’s websites increased from 32 million in 2008 to 62 million in 2012, as per our estimate. In this article we list the factors/ potential threat that support/mitigate our rationale of TripAdvisor’s user base increasing to ~110 million over our review period.
IT WON THE CERTIFICATE OF EXCELLENCE IN 2013
- TripAdvisor is a leading online platform for travel-related reviews with 75+ million user reviews and opinions and 62 million monthly unique visitors
- Mobile travel spend is expected to cross $2 billion by 2014 – in Q4 2012 TripAdvisor had 45 million monthly unique mobile device visitors, a y-o-y increase of 190%
- 75% of travelers use social networking sites to look for shopping-related deals and 30% specifically look out for travel deals; 35% of TripAdvisor’s new reviews are derived from its Facebook connected members
- TripAdvisor’s revenue contribution from international markets, excluding the US and UK, increased from 18% in 2009 to 35% in 2012
- Fake review concerns, growth in competition from Google and other players as well as low-entry barrier could restrict growth in TripAdvisor’s user base
Reverso is a portal of linguistic tools that includes: translation, dictionary, spell-checker,conjugation, grammar, pronunciation feature
It is a free service, an aspect that everyone like, mostly financed by advertising. However, the web site are trying to make the browsing of its website as pleasant as possible for its users, by not displaying intrusive advertisements and by constantly working on the improvement of its services.
Reverso is collaborative and counts on a community of members that give feedback on translations, add words and phrases to our collaborative dictionary, look at and validate other members ‘entries, vote and comment them. If you want to be part of the community and help us improve its tools, join it! Membership is totally free.
Good reasons to use it:
- Benefit from a translation service that has been tested on millions of translations and has been constantly improved
- Optimize the translation quality thanks to the automatic spell-checking of the mistakes contained in the original text
- Improve your oral skills and your accent by listening to native speaker pronunciation of whole texts
- Translate idioms and suggest better translations that could improve the translator with the help of our expert linguists
- View the dictionaries’ results on the same page and discover the various meanings of words, indications of use and related phrases
Why Not use it:
- Do not use it when you want to translate a set phase because it won’t be able to interpret it; it will traslate it literally.
- It cannot tranlate more than 800 character, because it has a no more 800 characters limit.
- It only works with 15 languages while Google Translator translates the double of languages
- If you are against of the advertisement while traslating, do not use Reverso. The page contains Advers.